Thursday, June 15, 2017

Blog Post 2

Hey everyone!! I  finally made it to Barcelona. This week had been an amazing experience and I have learned so much about the Catalan and Spanish culture. The best experience I have had so far with food would have to be at The Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boque, usually referred to as. La Boqueria Market in Barcelona. The current name is believed to derive from the Catalan boc, meaning "goat", therefore a boqueria would be a place where goat meat is sold. It was an amazing sight to see with so many different varities of food. The market has been around for hundreds of years and is a huge part of the Catalan culture. I sampled all different types of fruits, fetch vegetables, tapas and more. The market is a great place to go check out the deep-rooted culture while enjoying some delicious local food. Barcelona is a city with many talents and has beautiful things to offer. I will miss the hot subways, salty sardines, tomato bread and the complex architecture.

adéu per ara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spartans Abroad

                                                                       Final Post As my first trip abroad comes to an end I sit ...