Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Bonjur des amis cannes de retour à la maison. J'espère que tu vas bien. We arrived yesterday and are on our next journey in Cannes, French Riveria, France. This is the most beautiful place I have ever been and I don't think I will ever be ready to leave. The cuisine so far is drastically different than that of Barcelona. In Barcelona, we ate tapas and various small portions of all different types of food which were amazing. I definitely have a better taste for the food in Cannes. The difference is tremendous even though they are so close in distance.Cannes seems to have a cleaner more fresh feel throughout. The seafood and vegetables are of a much higher caliber than in Barcelona. The flavors of all the different cuisine really wake your taste buds and Introduce you to a whole new world of food. I have been searching for a market but I haven't come across one thus far. 

Throughout my short time here I have had the opportunity to try a plethora of foods that I could not try elsewhere. The Crepes were especially delicious. One has stuffed with prosciutto, mozzarella, bacon, lettuce, and pesto. It was quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten. Another outstanding dish I had was at a quaint beachside cafe that had was covered in meats, cheese, and vegetables with a light oil based dressing. 

The culture of food and drinking and the way they celebrate in the French Riveria is much different in Barcelona. Cannes is much more reserved and professional. Restaurants, bars, and stores all close early. It is a quieter town with an Americanized feel. Barcelona, on the other hand, is a wild town and everything is open late. The social cues and acceptable behavior are much different then Cannes.It seems acceptable to do almost anything in Spain. 

Cannes is an amazing city and I cannot see what more it has to offer.



Au Revior!!

Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spartans Abroad

                                                                       Final Post As my first trip abroad comes to an end I sit ...