Sunday, June 25, 2017

France Pt.2



Bonjour,

We arrived in Amsterdam this afternoon but I still have so much to say about France. This past weekend a few members of our group and I took a trip to St. Tropez. I have always wanted to visit this coastal town that is part of the French Riveria and I realized that this could be my only opportunity. We arrived there on Thursday in a helicopter which was one of the coolest experiences I have ever had and from that moment we touched down I never wanted to leave. The views, people, food, and culture all amazed it. It was similar to Cannes but it was also very different St.Tropez  was a much smaller town and although had less going on it was like something I have never seen before. The overall culture in France was much different than I expected but I am very lucky to have had the opportunity to explore all parts of France in such a short period of time.

Cuisine this week has been Interesting. Everything we eat here has a certain touch of elegance. In the states, I am so accustomed to the food at home coming out so quickly with no personal touch. At Saint-Marguerite on Wednesday, we stopped at a handmade ice cream roll shop. The way he created it was eloquent and took actual skill.
In St.Tropez, we ate at a restaurant n that offered more than just good food. L'Opera is an outstanding restaurant that offers full entertainment while indulging in fresh fish caught daily. For dinner, I had a type of flatfish called turbot with sides of freshly steamed vegetables s and truffled potatoes.The entertainment consisted of a Cirque do sole type performance right on our tables.


My overall experience this trip has been very fulfilling. I have learned about people, cultures, food and of course advertising in ways I never knew possible. The Cannes festival had so much to offer and I wish that I was able to see everything. I will 100% be attending the festival in future years because I feel like I still have so much to learn. My experience here has exceeded my expectations and I am truly living a dream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spartans Abroad

                                                                       Final Post As my first trip abroad comes to an end I sit ...